Saturday, November 13, 2010

Updates

I realize that it’s the middle of November and I haven’t updated since Halloween. My life for the past two weeks has been writing reports. Last Saturday I spent the whole day in this restaurant called lai Weis, “Your home away from home.” It’s my new favorite Western spot. I ate breakfast and lunch there, in between writing reports, and then I went home and kept writing. The reports are about 6 pages for each kid, complete with a paragraph for each subject, including separate sections for the child as a student and as a community member. With the social, let’ say “challenges” that my kids have, I often feel like a social worker and not a teacher. Trying to explain what I’ve seen and what they’re working on in a way that can be received by their Chinese parents has been the challenge of the past two weeks. Every day after school I’ve worked on reports until bed. That’s really why I haven’t updated, to spare you all from the tediousness that has been my life in November.

There were some interesting nights out, which I'm posting after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment